The Former hospice of Hautefort exudes a strength and a lofty image in this town of the Perigord Noir. Founded in 1669 by Jacques-Francois Marquis of Hautefort following a royal edict of Louis XIV of 1662 which advocated the creation of provincial venues for the poor, it remains a rare hospital foundation of this type. Since 1994, it houses a museum of medicine with one hand a historical part about living in this building (reconstruction of a sick room, exposed the political, economic and social situation of the XVII century ...) and the other part of the history of medicine told through permanent or temporary exhibitions. If in the beginning, this remarkable building was a social vocation, he became soon a place of welcome for the sick.
Place du Marquis de Hautefort 24390 HAUTEFORT